RRB Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)/Technician 2018 CBT 2 Electrician Trade Syllabus And Exam Pattern
RRB ALP/TECHNICIAN 2018 TECHNICIAN TRADE CBT 2 TEST SERIES WILL START FROM 13 NOVEMBER 2018.
Total Duration-2 hours and 30 Minutes (for Part A and Part B together)
The Second Stage CBT shall have two parts viz Part A and Part B as detailed below.
Duration- 90 Minutes
No of Questions- 100
Minimum Qualifying Marks-
The marks scored in Part A alone shall be used for short listing of candidates for further stages of recruitment process subject to the condition that the candidate is securing qualifying mark in Part B.
Duration- 60 Minutes
No of Questions-75
Minimum Qualifying Marks- 35 % for all candidates
This part is qualifying in nature
Syllabus Part A
लघुत्तम समापवर्त्य और महत्तम समापवर्तक
अनुपात और अनुपात
(Ratio and Proportion)
समय और कार्य
(Time and Work)
समय और दूरी
(Time and Distance)
सरल और चक्रवृद्धि ब्याज
(Simple and Compound Interest)
लाभ और हानि
(Profit and Loss)
ज्यामिति और त्रिकोणमिति
(Geometry and Trigonometry)
आयु की गणना
कैलेंडर और घड़ी
(Calendar & Clock)
नल और टंकी
(Pipes & Cistern)
B.जनरल इंटेलिजेंस और रिज़निंग
(General Intelligence and Reasoning)
वर्णक्रमानुसार और संख्या श्रृंखला
(Alphabetical and Number Series)
कोडिंग और डिकोडिंग
(Coding and Decoding)
डेटा की व्याख्या और दक्षता
(Data Interpretation and Sufficiency)
निष्कर्ष और निर्णय
(Conclusions and Decision Making)
समानताएं और भेद
(Similarities and Differences)
C. Basic Science and Engineering
The broad topics that are covered under this shall be Engineering Drawing (Projections, Views, Drawing Instruments,
Lines, Geometric figures, Symbolic Representation), Units, Measurements, Mass Weight and Density, Work Power
and Energy, Speed and Velocity, Heat and Temperature, Basic Electricity, Levers and Simple Machines, Occupational
Safety and Health, Environment Education, IT Literacy etc.
D. सामान्य जागरूकता करंट अफेयर्स
(General Awareness Current Affairs)
विज्ञान और प्रौद्योगिकी
(Science & Technology)
महत्व के अन्य विषयों
(Other subjects of importance)
Syllabus Part B- Technician
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Basic safety introduction,
- Personal protection:-
- Basic injury prevention, Basic first aid, Hazard identification and avoidance, safety signs for Danger, Warning, caution & personal safety message.
- Use of Fire extinguishers.
- Visit & observation of sections.
- Various safety measures involved in the Industry.
- Elementary first Aid. Concept of Standard Soft Skills: its importance and Job area after completion of training.Introduction of First aid.
- Operation of electrical mains. Introduction of PPEs.
- Introduction to 5S concept & its application.
- Response to emergencies eg; power failure, fire, and system failure.
- Identification of Trade-Hand tools-Specifications
- Fundamental of electricity. Electron theory- free electron, Fundamental terms, definitions, units & effects of electric current
- Solders, flux and soldering technique. Resistors types of resistors & properties of resistors.
- Introduction of National Electrical Code 2011 Explanation, Definition and properties of conductors, insulators and semi-conductors. Voltage grading of different types of Insulators, Temp. Rise permissible
- Types of wires & cables standard wire gauge
- Specification of wires & Cables-insulation & voltage grades
- -Low , medium & high voltage
- Precautions in using various types of cables / Ferrules
- Ohm’s Law –
- Simple electrical circuits and problems.
- Reading of simple Electrical Layout.
- Resistors –Law of Resistance.
- Series and parallel circuits.
- Kirchoff’s Laws and applications. Wheatstone bridge principle And its applications.
- Effect of variation of temperature on resistance.
- Different methods of measuring the values of resistance
- Common Electrical Accessories, their specifications in line with NEC 2011-Explanation of switches lamp holders, plugs and sockets. Developments of domestic circuits, Alarm & switches, with individual switches, Two way switch .Security surveillance, Fire alarm, MCB, ELCB, MCCB.
- Chemical effect of electric current-Principle of electrolysis. Faraday’s Law of electrolysis. Basic principles of Electro-plating and Electro chemical equivalents. Explanation of Anodes and cathodes. Lead acid cell-description, methods of chargingPrecautions to be taken & testing equipment, Ni-cadmium & Lithium cell, Cathodic protection.
- Electroplating, Anodising.
- Different types of lead acid cells.
- Rechargeable dry cell, description advantages and disadvantages.
- Care and maintenance of cells
- Grouping of cells of specified voltage & current, Sealed Maintenance free Batteries, Solar battery.
- Inverter, Battery Charger, UPS-Principle of working.
- Lead Acid cell, general defects & remedies.
- Nickel Alkali Cell-description charging. Power & capacity of cells. Efficiency of cells.
- ALLIED TRADES:
- Introduction of fitting trade. Safety precautions to be observed Description of files, hammers, chisels hacksaw frames & blades-their specification & grades. Care & maintenance of steel rule try square and files.
- Marking tools description & use. Description of carpenter’s common hand tools such as saws planes, chisels mallet claw hammer, marking, dividing & holding tools-their care and maintenance.
- Types of drills description & drilling machines, proper use, care and maintenance.
- Description of taps & dies, types in rivets & riveted joints.
- Use of thread gauge.
- Description of marking & cutting tools such as snubs shears punches & other tools like hammers, mallets etc. used by sheet metal workers. Types of soldering irons-their proper uses.
- Use of different bench tools used by sheet metal worker. Soldering materials, fluxes and process.
- Magnetism –
- Classification of magnets, methods of magnetising, magnetic materials. Properties, care and maintenance.
- Para and Diamagnetism and Ferro magnetic materials. Principle of electro-magnetism, Maxwell’s corkscrew rule, Fleming’s left and right hand rules, Magnetic field of current carrying conductors, loop and solenoid. MMF, Flux density, reluctance. B.H. curve, Hysteresis, Eddy current. Principle of electromagnetic Induction, Faraday’s Law, Lenz’s Law. Electrostatics: Capacitor- Different types, functions and uses.
- Alternating Current –Comparison and Advantages
- DC and A.C. Related terms
- Instantaneous value, R.M.S. value Average value, Peak factor, form factor.
- Generation of sine wave, phase and phase difference.
- Inductive and Capacitive reactance Impedance (Z), power factor (p.f).
- Active and Reactive power, Simple problems on A.C. circuits, single
- Phase and three-phase system etc.
- Problems on A.C. circuits.
- Power consumption in series and parallel, P.F. etc. Concept three-phase Star and Delta connection. Line and phase voltage, current and power in a 3 phase circuits with balanced and unbalanced load.
- Earthing– Principle of different methods of earthing. i.e. Pipe, Plate, etc Importance of Earthing.
- Improving of earth resistance
- Earth Leakage circuit breaker (ELCB).
- In absence of latest revision in respective BIS provision for Earthing it is recommended to follow IEC guidelines.
- Working principle and uses of an oscilloscope. Explanation of principle of working of a transistor & configuration.
- Types of transistors & its application.
- Specification and rating of transistors.
- Explanation of transistor Amplifiers,
- – class A,B and C
- Power amplifier
- Explanation of oscillator-working principle
- Explanation of stages and types.
- Multivibrator – applications.
- Introduction of basic concept of ICs, U.J.T., F.E.T. Basic concept of power electronics devices e.g.
- C.R., Diac, Triac, power MOSFET, G.T.O and
- Digital Electronics -Binary numbers, logic gates and combinational circuits,
- Electric wirings, I.E. rules.
- Types of wirings both domestic and industrial.
- Specifications for wiring.
- Grading of cables and current ratings. Principle of laying out in domestic wiring.
- Voltage drop concept.
- Wiring system – V.C., concealed system.
- Maintenance and Repairing data sheet preparation. Specifications, standards for conduits and accessories
- Power Wiring
- Control Wiring
- Information Communication – Entertainment Wiring.
- Testing of wiring installation by meggar.
- Study of Fuses, Relays, Miniature circuit breakers (MCB), ELCB, etc.
- DC. Machines – General concept of Electrical Machines.
- Principle of D.C. generator. Use of Armature, Field Coil, Polarity, Yoke, Cooling Fan, Commutator, slip ring Brushes, Laminated core.
- Explanation of C. Generators-types, parts. E.M.F.
- equation-self excitation and separately excited Generators-Practical uses. Brief description of series, shunt and compound generators.
- Explanation of Armature reaction, inter poles and their uses, connection of inter poles,
- Losses & Efficiency of D.C.Generator, Parallel Operation of D.C.Generator.
- Application of D.C. generators.
- Care, Routine & preventive maintenance.
- DC Motors – Termsused in D.C. motor-Torque, Brake Torque, speed, Back-e.m.f. etc. and their relations, Types of D.C.Motor.
- Starters used in D.C. motors
- Related problems
- Characteristics of D.C.Motor, Losses & Efficiency, Application of D.C. motors.
- Care, Routine & preventive maintenance.
- Types of speed control of DC motors in industry.
- Control system. AC-DC, DC-DC control.
- Working principle of Transformer. classification C.T., P.T. Instrument and Auto Transformer(Variac), Construction, Single phase and Poly phase.
- M.F. equation, parallel operation of transformer, their connections.
- Regulation and efficiency.
- Type of Cooling for transformer.
- Protective devices.
- Specifications, simple problems on e.m.f. Equation, turn ratio, regulations and efficiency. Special transformers.
- Transformer –Classification of transformer.
- Components, Auxiliary parts i.e. breather, Conservator, buchholze relay, other protective devices. Transformer oil testing and Tap changer (off load and on load). Dry type transformer.
- Bushings and termination.
- Electrical Measuring Instruments –
- -types, indicating types. Deflecting torque,
- Controlling torque and
- Damping torque ,
- PMMC & MI meter (Ammeter, Voltmeter)
- -Range extension
- P.F. meter
- Energy meter (Digital/analog)
- –Insulation Tester (Megger), Earth tester.
- -Frequency meter
- -Phase Sequence meter
- -Multimeter –Analog and Digital -Tong tester
- Three phase Induction motor –
- Working principle –Production of rotating magnetic field, Squirrel Cage Induction motor, Slipring induction motor.
- Construction , characteristics and
- Speed control, Slip & Torque .
- Control & Power circuit of starters
- O.L Starter, Star /Delta starter,
- Autotransformer starter, Rotor resistance starter, etc
- Single phasing preventer.
- Losses & efficiency.
- Application of Induction Motor
- Care, Routine & preventive maintenance.
- Single phase induction motor-
- Working principle, different method of starting and running (capacitor start, permanent capacitor, capacitor start & run, shaded pole technique).
- FHP motors, Repulsion motor, stepper motor, Hysteresis motor, Reluctance motor.
- Application of Single phase induction motor
- Universal motor-advantages, Principle, characteristics, applications in domestic and industrial appliances
- Application of Universal motor.
- Explanation of alternator, types of prime mover, efficiency, regulations, phase sequence, Parallel operation.
- Specification of alternators and Brushless alternator.
- Verify the effect of changing the field excitation and Power factor correction of Industrial load.
- SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR –
- Working principle, effect of change of excitation and load.
- V and anti V curve.
- Cause of low power factor.
- Method of power factor improvement.
- Rotary Converter- Inverter, M.G. Set description, Characteristics, specifications-running and Maintenance.
- Solid state controller and Invertors.
- TRANSFORMER Winding , Small Transformer winding techniques
- DC machine Winding– Armature winding terms, pole pitch, coil pitch, back pitch, front pitch
- Lap and Wave winding , Progressive and retrogressive Winding, developed diagram.
- Growler construction, working & application.
- ACmachine Winding—Motor winding
- terminology – classification of conducting and insulating materials used in winding
- Types and methods of winding in single and three phase motors.
- Stator winding terms, coil side, end coil and grouping of coils.
- Connection to adjacent poles, connected stator winding
- alternate pole connection, developed diagram.
- Illumination, Laws of Illuminations, terminology used
- Illumination factors, intensity of light
- importance of light, human eye factor,units.
- Types of illumination
- Type of lamps
- Neon sign Halogen, Mercury vapour,
- sodium vapour, Fluorescent tube, CFL, LED, Solar lamp & photo cell applications,
- Decoration lighting, Drum Switches, efficiency in lumens per watt, Calculations of lumens.
- Estimating placement of lights, fans and ratings.
- Industrial wiring. Code of practice and relevant span.
- Wiring of electric motors, control panel, etc.
- Types, specifications, advantages of different types of circuit brackets construction and maintenance.
- Working principle and construction of domestic and agricultural appliances-their maintenance.
- Complete House-wiring layout.
- Splitting load wire in accordance with NEC I.E.E.
- Multi-storeyed system.
- Fault finding and trouble shooting.
- Machine control cabinet /Control Panel Layout, Assembly & Wiring:
- Layout of Control cabinet & control panel
- Study & Understand Layout drawing of control cabinet , panel, power & control circuits.
- Control Elements: Isolator, pushbutton switches,
- Indicating lamps, MCB, Fuse, Contactor, Relays, Overload Relay, Timers, Rectifier, Limit switches, control transformers.
- Wiring Accessories: Race ways/ cable channel, DIN
- Rail, Terminal Connectors, Thimbles, Lugs,
- Ferrules, cable binding strap & buttons, nylon cable ties, sleeves, Gromats& clips
- Domestic Appliances: Working principles and circuits of common domestic equipment and appliances. – Calling Bell, Buzzer, Alarms, Electric Iron, Heater, Light.Electric Kettle, Heater / Immersion Heater, Hot Plate, Oven, Geyser, Cooking range, Mixer, Washing machine, , Motor Pump set, etc. Concept of Neutral and Earth.
- POWER GENERATION :
- Generation sources of energy, Comparison of energy resources. Types of fuels. Advantages of liquid fuel & solid fuel.
- Various ways of electrical power generation.
- Thermal • Hydro electric • Nuclear • NonConventional
- Coal based, diesel based & Gas based Turbine.
- Constituents in steam power station.
- Hydro Electric:
- Schematic arrangement of Hydro-Electric Power Station. Constituents of Hydro Electric Plant. Types of Hydro Electric Power station. Advantages &disadvantages.
- Schematic arrangement of Nuclear Power Station. Composition of an atomic Nucleus. Advantages & disadvantages. Comparison of above Power Plant.
- An introduction to Power generation through nonconventional power generation such as Solar, BioGas, Wind energy and Micro-hydel, Tidal waves, etc. Basic principal, Advantages & disadvantages of each.
- TRANSMISSION OF ELECTRICAL POWER
- Electrical Supply System :
- Comparison of AC and DC transmission.
- Advantages of High transmission voltage.
- Introduction to Single phase , three phase-3 wire system in transmission lines
- Overhead Lines:
- Main components of overhead lines-Types of power line Low voltage line medium Voltage line & high voltage line Voltage standard Conductor materials, line supports, Insulators, types of Insulators
- Under Ground Cable :
- Construction of cables. Material for cables, its insulation. Classification of cables, cables for 3phase service, Laying of underground cable. Types of cable faults and their location.
- DISTRIBUTION OF POWER
- Function and equipment used in substation.
- Classification of distribution system-AC distribution, Overhead v/s underground distribution system.
- Essential features of switchgears. Isolator, Switch gear equipments, bus-bar arrangement, Short circuit, faults in power system.
- Circuit breakers – Introduction & Classification of circuit breakers lightening arrestors used in HT lines.
- Introduction, Construction & Working of power transistor, thyristor.
- Introduction, Construction, Working, Parameters & application of DC drive
- Speed control of 3 phase induction motor by using VVVF/AC Drive.
- Introduction, Construction, Working, Parameters & application of AC drive
- Schedule of electrical preventive maintenance. Break down, Routine & Preventive maintenance of DC/AC machines, Voltage stabilizer, U.P.S.& Equipments.