Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) JE Electrical And SSA 2017-18 Selection Process,Exam Pattern And Syllabus
Selection Process-Based on online objective type exam only,Followed by document verification.
There will be no Interview.
The merit shall be prepared based on the marks secured in the online test.
On the basis of marks secured in the online examination, candidates shall be called for document checking, wherein, verification of original documents/certificates would be done by the document checking committee.
Exam Pattern-Exam patten as following
Total No Of Questions-100
B.Non Technical(General Knowledge, Reasoning and General English)-30 Questions
Total Time-Not Given in notification (Expected 90 or 120 Minutes)
Negative Marking-There shall be 0.25 (1/4) negative marking for every wrong answer.
Qualifying Marks-Minimum qualifying marks in online test as following
General Category-50% (50 Marks)
Reserve Category-40%. (40 Marks)
Syllabus-Expected common syllabus as per notification
Non Technical Syllabus (30 Questions)
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Coding and Decoding etc
- Figures Classification
- Non-verbal series
- Relationship concepts
- Similarities and Differences
- Spatial Orientation
- Spatial Visualization
- Visual Memory
- Current Affairs – International & National
- Events related to India and its neighboring countries
- General Polity
- Indian & World Geography
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Culture & Heritage
- Indian Economy
- Indian History
- Science & Technology
- Common Error
- Sentence Improvement
- Comprehension Passage Test
Technical Syllabus (70 Questions)
JE Electrical Syllabus
- Basic concepts
- Circuit law
- Magnetic Circuit
- AC Fundamentals
- Measurement and Measuring Instruments
- Electrical DC Machines and Power Transformers
- Three Phase and Single Phase Induction Motors
- Synchronous Machines
- Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Estimation and Costing
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Basic Electronics (Analog and Digital Electronics )
- Power Electronics
PSPCL JE Electrical Online 10 Test Series And Study material(Rs200 Only)
Aspirant who are preparing for PSPCL JE Electrical can join our PSPCL JE Electrical Online 10 Test Series And Study material,Which will start from January.Details of test series schedule will upload shortly
Sub Station Attendant (SSA) Syllabus
- Fundamental of electricity. Electron theory-free electron . Fundamental terms, definitions, units & effects of electric current.
- Solders, flux and soldering technique. Resistors types of resistors & properties of resistors.
- Various safety measures involved in the Industry. Elementary first Aid. Concept of Standard.
Identification of Trade-Hand tools-Specifications.
- Ohm’s Law -Simple electrical circuits and problems.
Resistors -Law of Resistance. Series and parallel circuits.
Kirchhoff’s Laws and applications. Wheatstone bridge principle and its applications.
- Chemical effect of electric current-Principle of electrolysis. Faraday’s Law of electrolysis. Basic principles of Electro-plating and Electro chemical equivalents. Explanation of Anodes and cathodes. Lead acid cell-description, methods of charging-Precautions to be taken & testing equipment, Ni-cadmium & Lithium cell, Cathodic protection. Electroplating, Anodising.
- Explanation, Definition and properties of conductors, insulators and semi-conductors. Voltage grading of different types of Insulators, Temp. Rise permissible. Types of wires & cables standard wire gauge Specification of wires & Cables-insulation & voltage grades-Low , medium & high voltage Precautions in using various types of cable
- Common Electrical Accessories, their specifications-Explanation of switches lamp holders, plugs and sockets .Developments of domestic circuit, Alarm & switches, lamp, fan with individual switches, Two way switch.