1. Where was the first session of the Constituent Assembly held?
2. Who was the Chairman’ of the Union Constitution Committee of the Constituent Assembly?
3. Which proclamation of National Emergency automatically suspends? Answer-Right to freedom
4. On the basis of financial crisis howmany times has emergency been declared by the President of India?
Answer-Not even once
5. What type of Party system has been envolved in India?
6. Which post does the Constitution of India does not mention?
Answer-The Deputy Prime Minister
7. Who decides the number of Judges in a High Court?
8. With which does the power to extend or restrict the jurisdiction of the High Court rest?
Answer-With the Parliament
9. Who appoints the Chief Election Commissioner of India?
10. Who said “I therefore want freedom immediately, this very night, before dawn if it can be had”?
11. Up to how much age can the Members of the Union Public Service Commission function?
12. Which country has the briefest Constitution in the world?
13. Who was made the Home Minister when Jawaharlal Nehru formed the Interim Government in 1946?
14. Which committee was assigned to recommend reforms in the insurance sector?
15. What is the minimum permissible age for employment in any factory or mine?
16. Who is competent to prescribe conditions as for acquiring Indian citizenship?
17. When the Vice-President acts as President he gets the emoluments of which post?
18. The resolution for removing the Vice-President of India can be moved in which sabha?
Answer-Rajya Sabha alone
19. To whom does the Public Accounts Committee submit its report? The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
20. Which is the highest and final judicial tribunal in respect of the Constitution of India?
21. Which Union Territory attained statehood in February, 1987?
22. Which Article of the Constitution of India makes a specific mention of Village Panchayats?
23. Which Amendment of the Constitution of India deals with the issue of strengthening of the Panchayati Raj?
24. What does the Preamble of our Constitution contin?
Answer-The spirit of the Constitution
25. The source of India’s sovereignty lies in which thing?
Answer-Preamble to the Constitution
26. When the Vice-President acts as President he gets the emoluments of which post?
27. In India, the concept of single citizenship is adopted from which country?
28. In which year was the first no confidence motion moved in the Lok Sabha after independence?
29. From where can a Member of Parliament claim immunity?
Answer-From civil cases only
30. With which the executive power relating to concurrent subjects remain?
31. Howmany subjects are in the Union list?
32. By which committee was Mandai Panchayats recommended?
Answer-Ashok Mehta Committee
33. Why was the Panchayati Raj System adopted?
Answer-Decentralise the power of democracy
34. Which Committee was formed to suggest means for eradicating black money?
35. Who was the President of the Constituent Assembly?
Answer-Dr. Rajendra Prasad
36. Which Directive Principle of State Policy has NOT been implemented so far?
Answer-Uniform civil code for the citizens
37. Which amendments accorded precedence to Directive Principle over
38. In an atom the order of filling up of the orbitals is governed by which principle?
39. Which agency has the power to declare any industrial unit as a potentially sick unit?
40. Who is authorised to decide over a dispute regarding disqualification of a member of Parliament?
41. The Lok Sabha is called in session for at least how many times in a year’?
42. When can the salaries of High Court judges be reduced?
Answer-During a Financial Emergency (Art. 360)
43. By whom are the Chief Justice and other Judges of the High Court are appointed?
44. Who was the first speaker of the Lok Sabha?
45. Which is the State having the largest population of scheduled castes?
46. Which country has the briefest Constitution in the world?
47. In which state has India’s largest private sector sea port been commissioned recently?
48. Who was the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Indian Constitution?
Answer-B. R. Ambedkar
49. How long did the Constituent Assembly take to finally pass the Constitution?
Answer-About 3 years since Dec 9, 1946
50. How type of right is Right to Information?
51. Meghnad Saha is known for his contribution in which field? Answer-Physics
52. Which right conferred by the Constitution of India is also available to noncitizens?
Answer-Freedom to speech
53. What is the minimum age for election/appointment as member of the Rajya Sabha?
54. What is the minimum age for being the member of the Parliament? Answer-25 years
55. What is the maximum number of elected members in a State Assembly?
56. By whom are Zonal Council provided?
Answer-By Parliamentary Act
57. By whom was an inter-State Council set up in 1990 under Article 263 of the Constitution?
58. How many votes are entitled for members of the UN Economic and Social Council?
59. On which date India became a Sovereign, democratic republic? Answer-26-Jan-50
60. What is the present strength of members in the Economic and Social Council of the UN body?
61. Which act made the Indian Legislature bicameral?
Answer-Government of India Act, 1919
62. What is the duration of proclamation of Financial Emergency?
Answer-At the first instance 2 months
63. During the proclamation of National Emergency which articls can not be suspended?
Answer-Articles 20 and 21
64. Where can the report of the UPSC discussed?
Answer-In Parliament before being accepted
65. To whom is the resignation letter of a State Public Service Commission member addressed?
66. What does the special status of Jammu and Kashmir imply?
Answer-A separate Constitution
67. To whom is the Chief Minister of a State responsible?
68. What is the source of maximum income to Panchayati Raj?
69. Which is at the apex of the-three tier system of Panchayati Raj? Answer-Zila Parishad
70. Which can impose reasonable restrictions on the Fundamental Rights of the Indian citizens?
71. The Fundamental Right to Property has been deleted by the which Amendment Act?
72. Which were the patrons of Sangam, an assembly of Tamil poets? Answer-Pandya
73. To whom the Vice-President’s letter of resignation is to be addressed?
74. On which basis Montague-Chelmsford Report formed?
Answer-The Government of India Act, 1919
75. Who has the authority to remove the Vice-President from his office before the expiry of his term?
76. When was Inter-Governmental Authori on Development come into existence?
Answer-21st March, 1996
77. How can a major portion of the Constitution be amended?
Answer-By two-thirds majority
78. When was Lake Chad Basin Commission founded?
Answer-22nd May, 1964
79. Which Constitutional Amendments banned the floor crossing in Parliament?
80. When is the Constitution of India designed to work as a unitary government?
Answer-In times of Emergency
81. From which of the country, Constitution of India has adopted fundamental duties?
82. Who was the member of the Rajya Sabha when first appointed as the Prime Minister of India?
83. Who is the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
84. Among the Union Territories of India, which one has the largest size?
85. Under which act was the Supreme Court set up?
86. Which Judge of the Supreme Court was unsuccessfully sought to be impeached?
87. Which Governor of Bengal committed suicide in 1774?
88. Bouncing of cheques has become an offence. What is the punishment for the same?
Answer-6 months imprisonment
89. By whom is Recognition to a political party accorded?
Answer-By the Election Commission
90. From which date shall the tenure of every Panchayat be for five years?
Answer-From the date of its first meeting
91. Which is not the concern of the local government?
Answer-Public Utility Services
92. In which year was the Constituent Assembly which framed the Constitution for Independent India set up?
93. What are the total members of Security Council–
94. Who presided over the inaugural meeting of the Constituent Assembly of India?
95. Between which a government is federal or unitary on the basis of relations?
Answer-Centre and States
96. Who was appointed by Ashoka to administer justice in his empire? Answer-Rajuka
97. Who was the first Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission of India?
Answer-Shri V. T.
98. The Ninth Schedule was added by which Amendment?
99. To which duties is the system of value added taxation applicable? Answer-Excise duties
100. By whom is the Speaker of the Lok Sabha is elected?
Answer-All the members of Lok Sabha