– treats chronic pain syndromes; administers anesthesia and monitors the
patient during surgery.
– treats heart disease
-treats skin diseases, including some skin cancers
– treats stomach disorders
– treats diseases of the blood and blood-forming tissues (oncology including
cancer and other tumors)
Physician – treats diseases and disorders of internal structures of
treats kidney diseases.
treats diseases and disorders of the nervous system.
conducts surgery of the nervous system.
– treats women during pregnancy and childbirth
– treats diseases of the female reproductive system and genital tract.
Nurse-Midwifery – manages a woman’s health care, especially during
pregnancy, delivery, and the postpartum period.
Physician – diagnoses and treats work-related disease or injury.
– treats eye defects, injuries, and diseases.
Oral and Maxillofacial
Surgeon – surgically treats diseases, injuries, and defects of the
hard and soft tissues of the face, mouth, and jaws.
– preserves and restores the function of the musculoskeletal system.
(Head and Neck Surgeon) – treats diseases of the ear, nose, and throat,and
some diseases of the head and neck, including facial plastic surgery.
– diagnoses and treats the study of the changes in body tissues and organs
which cause or are caused by disease
– treats infants, toddlers, children and teenagers.
– restores, reconstructs, corrects or improves in the shape and appearance
of damaged body structures, especially the face.
– provides medical and surgical treatment of the foot.
– treats patients with mental and emotional disorders.
Physician – diagnoses and treats lung disorders.
– diagnoses and treats disorders with the use of
diagnostic imaging, including
X-rays, sound waves, radioactive substances, and magnetic fields.
– diagnoses and medically treats diseases and disorders of internal structures
of the body.
– treats rheumatic diseases, or conditions characterized by inflammation,
soreness and stiffness of muscles, and pain in joints and associated structures
diagnoses and treats the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive