(A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (B) Dadabhai Nauroji
(C) Gopal Krishna Gokhale (D) Mahatma Gandhi
2. The vacancy of the office of the President must be filled within–
(A) 3 months (B) 6 months
(C) 12 months (D) 1 month
3. In which part of the Indian Constitution, the Fundamental Duties are
(A) IV (B) IV-A
(C) IV-B (D) V
4. Who described the Government of India Act, 1935 as a new charter of bondage?
(A) B. R. Ambedkar (B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Rajendra Prasad (D) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
5. Union Cabinet passed a Rs. 7000 crore project to cleanup which of the
following rivers in India ?
(A) Narmada (B) Ravi
(C) Ganga (D) Chambal
6. Cudappah ranges lie between–
(A) Godavari and Jamshedpur (B) Palar and Kauveri
(C) Godavari and Palkonda range (D) Satpura and Mohadeo-Maikal range
7. Which of the following schemes is not launched by the Ministry of Rural
Development, Govt. of India ?
(A) National Old Age Pension Scheme (B) National Maternity Benefit Scheme
(C) National Family Benefit Scheme (D) Mid-Day Meal Scheme
8. Where you are likely to find an embedded operating system ?
(A) on a desktop operating system (B) on a networked PC
(C) on a network server (D) on a PDA
9. The distance between two consecutive longitudes (91°E and 92° E) at the
(A) 0 km (B) 18 km
(C) 25 km (D) 111 km
10. Lack of atmosphere around the Moon is due to–
(A) low escape velocity of air molecule and low gravitational attraction.
(B) high escape velocity of air molecule and low gravitational attraction.
(C) low gravitational attraction only.
(D) high escape velocity of air molecule only.
11. Which of the following factors cause(s) ocean currents?
(A) Varying density of sea water (B) Varying temperature
(C) Winds (D) All of these
12. In the context of their formation, which of the following types of rocks is
the most ancient?
(A) Igneous (B) Metamorphic
(C) Plutonic (D) Sedimentary
13. Two identical piano wires have same fundamental frequency when kept under
the same tension. What will happen if tension of one of the wires is slightly
increased and both the wires are made to vibrate simultaneously ?
(A) Noise (B) Beats
(C) Resonance (D) Non-linear effects
14. Kaziranga National Park is situated in–
(A) Odisha (B) Gujarat
(C) Rajasthan (D) Assam
15. Who is the author of the book ‘If Cricket is Religion, Sachin is God’ ?
(A) Vijai Santhanam (B) Shyam Balasubramaniam
(C) Both (A) and (B) (D) None of the above
16. The first woman from India to be conferred the Sainthood by Pope Benedict
(A) Sister Desouza (B) Sister Madorana
(C) Sister Alphonsa (D) Sister Nirmala
17. What is the name of the first research station established by India in the
(A) Dakshin Gangotri (B) Maitri
(C) Agnihotri (D) Aryabhatta
18. The five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council are–
(A) China, France, Russia, UK and U.S.A.
(B) China, Canada, France, US.A. and Germany
(C) China, Germany, Russia, UK and U.S.A.
(D) China, Germany, U.S.A., UK and Canada
19. Which of the following States has the largest gap in male and female
literacy as per 2011 Census (provisional data)?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Madhya Pradesh
(C) Rajasthan (D) Kerala
20. Demand for labour is–
(A) Composite demand (B) Competitive demand
(C) Derived demand (D) Joint demand