simultaneous ICS examination in India.
(A) Gokahale (B) S. N. Banerjee
(C) Tilak (D) William Logan
2. Who…………………tried to rediscover India’s past.
(A) Lord Lytton (B) Max Muller
(C) S. N. Banerjee (D) Gokahale
3. Lytton held an Imperial Durbar at Delhi in 1877 to announce…………………s the
Empress of India at a time when a large part of the country was in the grip of a
(A) Queen Elizabeth (B) Queen Victoria
(C) Queen Anne (D) Queen Marie
4. Who put on the statute book two obnoxious measures the vernacular press Act
and the Indian Arms Act.
(A) Lord Ripon (B) Lytton
(C) Raja Ram Mohan Roy (D) Queen Victoria
5. The llbert Bill controversy during the period of Lord Ripon exposed the
racial bitterness of the British and united the Indians.
(A) Lytton (B) Lord Ripon
(C) Queen Elizabeth (D) Queen Anne
6. Goa was declared as India’s 25th state in which among the following years?
7. One Caste One Religion, One God for Man is the teaching of–
(A) Rajaram Mohan Roy (B) Chattambi Swamikal
(C) C.Kesavan (D) Sree Narayana Guru
8. All are of one Self-fraternity such being the dictum to avow, In such a light
how can we take life And devoid of least pity go on to eat.who said?
(A) Tilak (B) Chattambi Swamikal
(C) Rajaram Mohan Roy (D) Sree Narayana Guru
9. Who said Ask not, Say not Think not caste. Think only Gods.
(A) Sree Narayana Guru (B) William Logan
(C) Connolly (D) S. N. Banerjee
10. In 1901 the State Census Manual of…………………recorded Sree Nārāyana as a revered
“Guru” and an erudite Sanskrit scholar.
(A) Travancore (B) Malabar
(C) Cochi (D) Kottayam
11. The year of the foundation of the Women’s Indian Association (WIA) is–
(A) 1913 (B) 1917
(C) 1937 (D) 1947
12. The swadeshi movement in Bengal started on–
(A) 1902 (B) 1905
(C) 1908 (D) 1909
13. In 1917 Anasuya Sarabhai had led the…………………textile workers’ strike
(A) Ahmedabad (B) Bombay
(C) Calcutta (D) Malabar
14. In 1920 under her leadership the……………., the Ahmedabad textile mill workers
union was established.
(A) Majoor Mahajan (B) Ushabai Dange
(C) Parvati Bhore (D) Maniben Kara
15. The formation of the Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) at the
initiative of…………………in 1972.
(A) Ela Bhat (B) Roop Kanwar
(C) Raja radhakant dev (D) Dwarkanath Tagore
16. Who was the first Viceroy of India?
(A) Robert Clive (B) William Bentick
(C) Lord Delhousie (D) Lord Canning
17. The title of ‘Viceroy’ was added to the centre of the Governor-General of
India for the first time in–
(A) 1848 A.D. (B) 1858 A.D.
(C) 1862 A.D. (D) 1856 A.D.
18. My Experiments with Truth is the work of–
(A) Mahatma Gandhi (B) Tara Chand
(C) Shankarlal Banker (D) Mahadev Desai
19. Who is the author of ‘Social Background of Indian Nationalism’?
(A) A. R. Desai (B) Dharam Kumar
(C) Ray Chaudhuri (D) K. Rajayyan
20. Author of ‘Culture ideology Hegemony Intellectual and Social consciousness
(A) K. N. Ganesh (B) K. N. Panikkar
(C) R. C. Majumdar (D) Herman Kulke