UNO Quiz Questions and Answers
Instructions: Click the answer button to see the correct answer.
- In which year a resolution ‘Uniting for Peace, was adopted by UN General Assembly?
- UN General Assembly elects a President and how many Vice Presidents at the start of its each regular session ?
- To consider the large number of agenda items, General Assembly has how many main committees?
- The first meeting of the UN General Assembly was held in which of the following cities ?
- New York
- San Francisco
- The headquarters of a few agencies related to the UN are located in Vienna, which is in –
- Who is the President of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (World Bank)?
- Michel Camdessus
- Jim Yong Kim
- Barber Conable
- Gaston Thorn
- The Director–General of the World Health Organisation is –
- Ms. Gro Harlem Brundtland
- Dr. Hans Blix
- Dr. Francis Blanchard
- Dr. Margaret Chan
- The normal term of office of the UN Secretary–General is –
- 5 years
- 8 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- Admission of States to the membership of the UN is made by –
- Simple majority of the General Assembly
- Unanimous vote of the General Assembly
- The Security Council
- Two–thirds majority of the General Assembly members present and voting, on the recommendation of the Security Council
- Which one of the following international organisations does India disapprove of ?
- The headquarters of all the following international organisations are based at Vienna, except –
- International Atomic Energy Agency
- Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries
- United Nations Industrial Development Organisation
- United Nations, Development Programme
of the following international agencies of the UN is the only
distinctive inter–governmental organisation concerned with children’s
- The official languages of the United Nations are –
- Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, English, French and German
- Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish
- Chinese, English, French, Hindi, Japanese and Spanish
- African, Chinese, English, French, German and Spanish
of the following organisations is, among other things, concerned with
human rights and freedoms without distinction of race, sex, language, or
- None of these
- The UN charter was ratified in 1945 by –
- 37 nations
- 35 nations
- 25 nations
- 29 nations
- The UN Charter was finalised at ………and became effective on…………
- Teheran, 24th October, 1943
- San Francisco; 24th October, 1945
- Dumbarton Oaks, 5th March, 1944
- Yalta, 2nd February, 1945
- Which of the following counties is not a member of the United Nations ?
- South Afric