COMPUTER AWARENESS-MCQ 2
Instructions: Click the answer button to see the correct answer.
- Which of the following ports is used for connecting musical instruments to a sound card?
- Which of the following is handy to carry yet can store large amounts of data?
- Hard Disk
- Floppy Disk
- Zip Disk
- A software that allows a personal computer to pretend as a computer terminal is–
- terminal adapter
- bulletin board
- terminal emulation
- Digital computer consumes electric power as compare to analog computer.
- A hard disk is divided into tracks which are further sub-divided into–
- Memory allocation of variables declared in a program is–
- assigned to registers
- allocated in RAM
- allocated in ROM.
- allocated on stack
- A message with replies on a newsgroup is often called a–
- To move a copy of file from one computer to another over a communication channel is called–
- File transfer
- File modification
- File encryption
- File copying
- Which of the following is not an option of the spelling dialog box?
- Ignore all
- On the motherboard, the connection points for chips are referred to as–
- Which output device is used for translating information from a computer into pictorial form on paper.
- Touch panel
- Card punch
- Which term identifies a specific computer on the web and the main page of the entire site?
- Domain name
- Web site address
- To recover files from a backup, you perform a–
- The time for which a piece of equipment operates is called–
- Effective time
- Access time
- Real time
- Seek time
- Which layer defines the mechanical, electrical, and timing interfaces to the network?
- Physical Layer
- Network Layer
- Data Link Layer
- Application Laye